Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy birthday to the one that gave me life.

My mom & I
Photo Credit: Nikolay Chekhovskiy




















Today is a very very special day. 49 years ago, this world was blessed with the birth of an amazing woman. She lost her mother at a very young age and faced many hardships that are not even heard of today in our free land and comfortable homes. Yet, she came to be an intelligent, beautiful, and strong woman that I have yet to look up to and learn from. She married at 22, and for the past 27 years she has lived a selfless, altruistic life. She has raised a family of nine, and still works 24/7 taking care of everyone but herself. I've complained about the all-nighters I've pulled throughout my college years, but it's not nearly as close to the countless nights my mother has pulled. And even today, she still has many sleepless, restless nights. Her work is never-ending.

I'll be honest I have never appreciated my mother enough and many times I've taken her for granted. I realize what a special woman she is and how I'll always be indebted to her for her unconditional love and selfless giving. She gave me life, and has done her absolute best to raise and make me who I am today. She has raised an amazing family that I'm fortunate to be a part of, and expects nothing in return. To me, that's one amazing woman that deserves the best honors, awards, and medals that people can possibly receive on this earth. And even then, that wouldn't be enough to recognize all that she has done.

Happy birthday Mamochka!! Your birth into this world has blessed many, and has made life for us on earth a better place to be. I will always be grateful for your life and unconditional love, and hopefully one day I'll be everything you hoped I would be. Я тебе люблю.

1 comment:

  1. i love this photo! you are so adorable! mom looks beautiful!

    Tonya

    ReplyDelete